Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pain in the Backside

While I have been away from writing for several months now, I hope to return in a couple of months, having had a second go round of spine surgery during March break.  During this time, we have also had to deal with the last stage of my father's fight with Parkinsons' disease.  I will share what I can on my other blog, role-reverse.blogspot.com and how our Canadian healthcare system is dangerously lacking, especially in the area of elderly care, management and health issues.  While it may be too late for Dad, I'm sure what our family has learned will hopefully help other families as they try and navigate through the challenges of this debilitating disease, but also the Ontario healthcare system, particularly hospitals, where its been a daily battle just to ensure that some modicum of healthcare is delivered. 


On a lighter note, many anecdotes and every-day stories that provided levity during my toughest days, are occupying space in my grey matter, and once the cob webs have cleared, and sitting is an activity I can partake in again, I'll return to share them with you.


In the meantime, as my ill, but courageous father says, what's the point of complaining when your amongst the stupids.  (Its loses something in the translation from Armenian).  


He also means the doctors and hospital staff at Trillium Health Centre, and not my generous readers.  Trillium, is a whole other ball game...........in fact its a whole other sport.  Too bad its actually life that we're playing with.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Between & Betwixt | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates