Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Merry-Go-Round? No Mas!!!!!

Summer has arrived in southern Ontario.  So, while the birds chirp, the sun shines magnanimously, and everyone rushes outdoors in shorts and tshirts in typical Canadian style, beer in one hand, garden hoe in the other, yours truly is waiting for the room to stop spinning so that I too can share in the wonder of it all.  And to be able to sit on this core stabilizer ball without feeling like I'm about to fall off the side of a cliff, while keying away on a laptop.


Vertigo.  From a sinus infection no less.  


Look up.  Not so fast. 


Look down.  Not if you wish to join that downward motion all the way to the floor.  


Turn around, and you'll feel like the room will forever spin.  Round, and round, and round we go.  No merry-go-round necessary.


Lie down.  Words can't quite describe that one.


Food.  Uh, no thanks.  Not unless it comes with an airline-approved vomit bag.  In fact, I may just need that bag for the next Flyers/Habs game on Thursday.  


In the meantime, just a lot of head-holding, antibiotics, oil of oregano, candied ginger (makes me gag) and decongestants.  


Is this payback from the Fearless-Foursome of the silver-haired variety at the Glen Abbey Pool?  I suppose the deep end clearing kicking/splashing trickery was a little much.  Or was it the muttering/swearing under my breath.  Maybe it wasn't so much under my breath as I had hoped?


Gotta go.  The next ride is coming up.

3 comments:

Leeuna said...

Oh my goodness, Caroline! I do hope you are feeling better soon. I feel for anyone with a sinus problem. I have allergies and it sure isn't a picnic in the park. I got a real bad case of sinus infection last summer and I was sick for weeks. Hope you get well soon. Take care.

Unknown said...

Ahh, the wonders of antibiotics and nasal rinses. Sinuses all clear now. Spinning rooms have seized as well. I can look at the world right side up once again.

Leeuna said...

That's great news, Caroline. I'm glad you're all better now. :)

Post a Comment

 

Between & Betwixt | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates