Sunday, December 23, 2012

Santa, I Believe!

When I was but a wee girl, the week leading up to Christmas was a time when many an argument would be had as our parents sent us kids to bed early, so that "Santa" could wrap our gifts & magically place them under the Christmas tree.

That is until Rex, my aunt's dog, would get a hold of them and open a few on his own. Apparently, HE didn't get the memo, & neither did Grandma, who still fed him oranges and other food under the table. Grandma, after all, placed special white envelopes ON our trees, not under.

Envelopes that seem to keep showing up some 30 yrs later. Imagine that!

Although there was that one other white envelope that had my name on it, when I was 8, and contained tickets to the Montreal Forum to see my beloved Habs! WHAT!!!! No way!!!!! 10 rows behind the Canadiens bench, no less. Santa, I believe! I believe!

I don't think my feet touched the ground until the New Year, second week in.

Some of the relatives (and pet) from my childhood are no longer with us, but I'm sure, as was our old tradition on Christmas Eve, they will be sitting at a special table graced with many a palette-teasing foods & plenty of drink to make Grandma's cheeks colour. Dad might just be trying to fill Grandma's glass, yet again. Silly Dad, like mother, like daughter.... neither could or can hold their liquor.

I wish you and all your loved ones a blessed and Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year full of joy, rip-roaring fun, happiness, good health and many fond, memorable moments.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Between & Betwixt | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates