Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Surrender

My last surgery was on March 15th.

Or, as some would know, the Ideas of March. The date in 44 BC that Julius Ceasar was killed, stabbed 23 times by a group of conspirators led by Brutus. On the day, it is said, when the seas succumbs to chaos and a full moon brings high tides. Although Ceasar was warned by soothsayers to be aware of the March of Ides, ego prevailed, and the warning was dismissed.

Last year, when I shared the date of my surgery with some friends, they joked about the Ides of March. I laughed, and also ignored the warning.

Well, we all know how that surgery went.

This year, my surgery is on June 18th. The 200th anniversary of the declaration of that famous War of 1812. The war that the US lost to Canada, when all was said and done.


Have I mentioned that my surgeon is an American? On Monday, June 18th, 2012, this Canadian will enter the operating room, waving the white flag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Between & Betwixt | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates